<!--<style ><!--/*<!-- -->

This page has been moved to a new address. Redirecting....

<!-- /*--><!--/*--> "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> SABI NAIJA BLOG: 'I'm not gay so my son will never be gay" - Bauchi Governor declares

Friday 14 March 2014

'I'm not gay so my son will never be gay" - Bauchi Governor declares

Bauchi State Governor Isa Yuguda was a guest on BBC Africa radio show yesterday where he talked about the anti-gay law. He supported the bill and declared that he's not gay so non of his sons can be gay.

While on BBC Africa radio show on Thursday, the governor displayed his dislike for homosexuality when he was asked to talk about the Nigerian anti-gay law.

When asked what he would do if any of his sons confesses to being gay, Governor Yuguda exclaimed, 'God Forbid!'



Then he added: "What will I do? Well, I may have to resign to my faith that I have a son who is a gay but I'm assuring you I'm not gay so my son will never be a gay. Gay blood doesn't flow in our family. I will never have one."

Meanwhile, the U.N. human rights chief, Navi Pillay believes Nigeria's new anti-gay law may have "negative consequences" for public health.

Pillay says the law could hinder government, civil and religious groups from delivering HIV education and preventative care and deter gay and trans-gender people from seeking services.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home